[Ansteorra] Going to 40th year?

RIsaac9056 at aol.com RIsaac9056 at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 16:09:28 PST 2005

>Curious, is anyone from Ansteorra going to 40th year Anniversary of SCA  in
Washington >State?
>My lord and I are planning to fly in. The date  of the event is May 5 - 15,
2006. The site looks >beautiful at the base of  Mt. St. Helens.
>Anybody have suggestions about flying and having enough  camping gear for a
week? Right >now they do not have a mail box location to  send gear to like at
Pensic. Will a small dome >tent and heater go through  customs in your
checked in luggage without looking >questionable?

The tent will pass with out much of a problem but not the heater unless it
is electric! Also they kind of froun on sharp blades, helms and other SCA
stuff.  Some post offices and Shipping companies like UPS will let you send stuff
to  other facilities and pick it up when you get there. My lady and I are goign
to  try to make it but at this time it is questionable.

Now my recommendation is that you pack clothing that can be layered. during
the day it can get a little warn (80's maybe 70's more likely), and during the
 night it may reach the 40's. Also plan for rain. Not heavy down pours but
steady  drizzles or misting. May in Western washington is one of those months up
there  where the tempatures swings a lot and the weather changes fast so be
prepared.

Well I hope those suggestion help. Hopefully we will se you up there or
others from this wonderful kingdom.

LD Caradoc and lady Pamela
Robert and Pam.