[Ansteorra] FW: eBay item: SCA - Ansteorra Cushions -Black Velvet with Embroidery

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 20:12:50 PST 2005

> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:52:18 -0600
> From: "Darlene Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net>
>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:52:18 -0600
From: "Darlene Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] FW: eBay item: SCA - Ansteorra Cushions
	-Black	Velvet	with Embroidery (#4427833081)
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>

>Frankly, I don't think most people realize (I know I didn't) >exactly how much "stuff" a large
active and long-lived kingdom >collects as the years roll by. You just can't keep it
>*all* and sometimes items *must* be allowed to go to others.
>Mesterinde Annes
>Kingdom Historian

A professional organizer once suggested that memories of an item can be rekindled by the *image*
of a 'thing', as much as the keeping and handling of that item. Therefore, in order to clear out
your possessions, but not loose the memories or sentiment, the suggestion was to take a picture of
it.  The picture of the 'thing' will rekindle those memories just as well.
Though one can go too far in digitizing everything, so judgment must be used.

Regards, Hillary