[Ansteorra] Tick, Tick, Tick

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 8 23:51:12 PST 2005

Time is ticking away and Cracked Anvil soon approaches. We hope you have ticked this on your calendar as an event worth attending. We can almost guarantee there will be no ticks to disturb you since it is still the dead of Winter. However, we cannot make any guarantees regarding individual  tics. ;)

Bee that as it may, I hope you will permit me to bug you just once or twice more about our event.  We have lots of activities planned with hopefully something for everyone.

For the Light fighters, we offer the Smythkepe Rapier Defender Tourney and a Children's Champion Rapier Tourney (children will choose a rapier fighter to be their champion). For the Heavy Weapons fighters we offer a Swiss 5 Tourney and (time permitting) a Capture Joan of Arc Tourney.

For those wishing to pursue more studious pursuits, we offer a variety of classes such as  Beginning Spinning ,  Beginning Scribing, Period Looking Encampments, Playing Harp with other Instruments and many more.

We are also offering several Brewing Competitions (beers, wines, cordials, meads) as well as a Bardic Competition.

And of course, there is the "Knight in Paris" feast featuring such delacasies as Herbed Chicken in Wine Sauce, Mushrooms la Fallon, Candied Orange Peels French Cream Puffs and French Meringue Cookies to name just a few items.  And of course, no Cracked Anvil would be complete without the Dessert Buffet with one simple rule: it doesn't have to be period, just good (but period AND good is even better).

After the feast, join us for Revel Classes (can you say  "Tigger Heraldry"? ) and , of course, Plague Frog (BYOMG).

And let's not forget the merchants! If your Christmas money is still burning a hole in your pocket,  our fine selection of merchants will help you find just the right item to compliment your persona (or your ego).

Now you may be wondering, how much will it cost for all this fun and excitement?  Do I hear $100? Do I hear $50?  No?  Well, how about a mere  $ 7.00 for the site fee (non-members add $ 3.00) and a paltry  $ 7.00 for feast? And bring the kids... no sense leaving them at home! Children 13-17: Site Fee $ 6.00 ; Feast Fee $ 7.00  Children 6-12: Site fee $ 3.50; Feast Fee $ 3.50   5 and under: no charge.

Save even more: bring a dessert for the buffet and get $ 1.00 off!

Event site: Franklin County Fairgrounds  802 N 29th St  Ozark, AR

Take your best route to Interstate 40 at Ozark, Arkansas and take Exit 35  (AR 23 Ozark/Huntsville).  Go South on 23 approx 3 miles to Jct US 64 and turn West (Right).  Follow US 64 approx 7/10 of a mile to 29th Street and turn North (Right). Follow SCA signs approx ½ mile to site (on the Right).

Site opens 8am Saturday February 19th, closes 11am Sunday February 20th. Community crash space available on-site Saturday evening ONLY! Please contact the reservationist for info regarding local lodging facilities.

For more information, please contact one of the following:

Autocrat: Lady Eva Helena Vettori (mka Laura Lovell) evahelenavettori at yahoo.com
Deputy Autocrat/Reservationist: Lady Bridget O'Fallon (mka Cathy Simkins) simkcat at aol.com
Merchant-crat: Lord Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin) edrei at earthlink.net

OR visit our webpage:  http://www.smythkepe.org/pages/5/index.htm

If you miss this event, we'll have to give your fun to someone else ;)

The Shire of Smythkepe extends a warm welcome to our special guest  HRM Ashildr Ulfsdottir, Queen of Meridies! :) :)