[Ansteorra] reinforce cloak for brooch

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 12:18:19 PST 2005

Greetings good Gentles,

A question please?  I need to make some sort of reinforcing on my  cloak due
to the weight of a large set of brass double-brooches with chain.

I want the brooches to stand pert and not droop. They have a very thick pin
on the back about 2 1/2 inches long.  The 1/2 circle cloak  is made of white
cotton twill, lined in suit weight acrylic plaid.

I heard that the fighters use a leather patch (or something?) with  their
stuff.

Can anyone describe how to make the reinforcements?

thank you

Ciard