[Ansteorra] So, you are nterested in history

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Jan 16 05:35:14 PST 2005

Greetings to all who read these words!

At the King's Round Table, held in Ravensfort (Humble, TX) this coming weekend, January 22, I will be teaching my class on "Being Your Group's Historian". Please consider adding it to your list of classes to take.

Contrary to what you may think, being your Group's Historian is not difficult nor is it a dull cataloguing of dry facts that no one cares about. I challenge and invite everyone to come to this class and see how easy, exciting and fun it is to preserve what is now for those who follow us.  There is no site fee. I will be providing a class handout.

If you are a historian of a group already, there will be an open discussion after the class on ideas and practices to make preserving your group's history even better. Please come if you can and share what you have learned with others! We will also discuss reporting and other duties of this office.

I look forward to seeing you there. Until then, I remain...

In Service,
HL Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
Kingdom Historian
You are not an archeologist trying to construct a society that has been lost. You are a historian who is preserving what is now for the future to learn about us. The only SCA historians who will be SCA archeologists will be our heirs if we, as historians today, fail to do our jobs properly.