[Ansteorra] Ice Axe is on the Way

William Willett & Robin Lindsey moiranliam at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 17:41:23 PST 2005

Unto the Populace of the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra does Optio Liam Gordon Send Greetings;

        In just under a month, Ice Axe will be here on the weekend of February 18-20th.  We are planning on a grand tournament with Mass Weapons, an A&S competition with a theme of Winter, plus Archery (both Target and Combat), Light fighting and Equestrian.  So, bring out your weapons, crafts, and honorable steeds and join us for a weekend of fun.
        Yes, I said weekend.  On Sunday morning, with the blessing of His Grace, Duke Patrick Michael Gordon, the General of the Ansteorran Armies, we will be having a WAR PRACTICE!!!  That will be one of the last opportunities for our war companies to train before War with Trimaris.  So please bring your War weapons also, and let the melees begin.
        Not only that, but Ansteorran Bards, come out and entertain us.  We will be looking to name our new Bardic Champion in the oldest continuous Eisteddfad in Ansteorra.

       The event announcement is up on our website http://middleford.ansteorra.org/events.htm and you will be able to get more information there, along with the menu for the feast, which by the way, looks really good.  If you haven't already done so, you can contact myself or Baroness Louise Mendenhall @ cotton7 at earthlink.net to make reservations.  Reservation information is on the event announcement.

        Now, I know that a whole lot of people are kind of skittish about coming onto Fort Hood for an event.  My friends, it is extremely easy.  All you have to do is make your best way to 190 and take the Main Gate exit for Fort Hood.  There, you will go to the Visitor Control Center.  There, you will have to show your drivers license, proof of insurance, and have your license plate number along with your social security number.  After that process is complete, you go west on 190 and follow the SCA signs.  At the West Fort Hood Gate, all adults and minors over 16 will have to show picture ID.  Unfortunately, some vehicles will get inspected, but the Provost Marshals office will be expecting us and will let the Gate Guards know that we will be coming through with our toys.  Also, the process shouldn't take nearly as long as it used to.

        My friends, please come out and enjoy the hospitality that I know Middleford has to offer.

In Service to the Dream,

Optio Liam Gordon
Seneschal, Middleford

William Willett & Robin Lindsey