[Ansteorra] Job descriptions (was Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 26, Issue 14)

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 09:44:01 PDT 2005

It seems to be most insulting to describe those hardworking volunteers at the front gate, those people that have had to take classes or be trained just to deal with all those neccessary annoyances, those wonderful hard working friends and then we call them TROLLS?

Trolls are icky, nasty, uncouth, uncivilized inhuman like things and should be banished or killed when encountered for they are dangerous to the population. Don't you listen to your fairy tales?

Really. Can't we just call it what it is? A "toll booth", a "gate", a "front desk" or even "check in", "sign in" or "registration"?

Those people are too hardworking and too valuable to insult that way. Be careful what you say for, someday you may show up and it may be a real Troll that tries to take your money!  Then how will you pay the gate fee?

just my .02
Claire

Alice Morrow Harris <AliceMorrowHarris at austin.rr.com> wrote:

Greetings From Alina Unto All:

I Also can we please stop using the word "troll" to describe the
front gate. I always have this image of little green men when the word
"troll" is mentioned.

Wishing,
Alina