[Ansteorra] who wants a feast?

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Sun Jul 10 22:46:11 PDT 2005

I, as a fairly oldtimer, has felt that most events need food, not a
feast. There are times that a feast is called for, but, most outdoor
events don't. Serve dinner, buffet style or tavern style, but not a
feast.  There are so many activities now, at any event, that people need
to take part in, or things that need extra attention, (like horses) that
it is hard to get everyone together, at one time, for a feast.  Folks
will want to eat at various times, probably from 5:00 or so, till at
least 9:00.  Something other than sausage on a stick, ect, is often nice
at supper, even if, you brought food in your ice chest. Another thing,
that I have seen done a few times, when it was possible, is to have
something available late on Fri night. You often drive in, and don't
always stop, even for fast food, and if you did, that was hours ago. I
know that this is nearly impossible for most tavern to do.

Cairenn