Ambiance (was RE: [Ansteorra] Job descriptions)

Sunny Medlock sunnyday78723 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 14:30:10 PDT 2005

I have been fortunate enough to live in Drachenwald for a short time, and found that it is much easier to stay in the mood when I am at an event in a real castle.  There is nothing like it.

The fun part for us was trying to explain in medieval terms things we encountered that were obviously modern.  For example at on event in the Barony of Knight's Crossing, we saw many large silver dragons circling over head and a few smaller ones.  The had the most frightful roar, we were sure that we would be their next meal, and chose to stay hidden under the trees.  We were convinced there was a nest nearby.

How else would you explain an Airport with planes circling for a landing?

Elisabetta

Chris Zakes <moondrgn at earthlink.net> wrote:

[heavely snipped]

-Tivar Moondragon

P.S. One final question: How would having an event that was completely
medieval--the hall, the clothes, the food, the whole ambiance, "ruin"
things? I kind of thought that was the whole idea of the SCA.