[Ansteorra] Tavern food suggestions

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Tue Jul 12 21:39:31 PDT 2005

Great suggestions. I'm a sort of picky eater, but there is a lot of what
you mentioned that I would enjoy.  I have found some grocery stores that
carry, in the deli, area, prepackaged,  pita and humus. It's packed just
like Lunchable, but it just feels more period. And for drinks, what
about the Arabic drink,  that is a period 'gatorade'. I think it tastes
a lot better. I would more likely buy some of these, than I would a
burger and fries. I guess, that I'm a little old fashioned.  I like to
at least eat more period, at an event.  If the food is too normal, I
would be more likely to leave site, and go to my favorite fast food
place, or I'd just eat out of my ice chest. One year, at Gulf wars, when
I had a booth, but I was by myself, so I couldn't leave and find food. I
ended up taking large dinner rolls and a selection of sliced meats and
cheeses. I would cut a v shape piece, out of the top of the roll, then
use bottled salad dressing to moisten it and then I put my meat and
cheese in it and put the top back on. It was a sandwich, but I just
thought it looked better, that one with sliced bread. It tasted better,
too, and I didn't feel that I was at home.  It kept the 'period' feeling
going, a little longer. When you are a merchant, you need all the period
feel, you can, so it's an event, not a mundane show.

Cairenn