[Ansteorra] Traditions (was the Attack of the "Authenticity Police")

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 10:28:55 PDT 2005

> Einin said:
> remember the traditions involved in the SCA
> please :)

Welcome to Ansteorra, Lady Einin. :)

I used to say that same thing alot, but in recent
years I'm finding that quite a few of the newer
players (and some of the old ones too) have little or
no interest in tradition.  They have goals and agendas
for themselves and my perception has been that they
don't care how much of our history is erased in the
process of reaching those goals.

I'm not saying all newcomers have this attitude.  I
know better. :)  It's just that I'm running across it
far too often lately for my peace of mind.  Sadly, it
seems our traditions are coming to mean less and less
in the face of "change for the sake of change."

Kat MacLochlainn