[Ansteorra] RE Period Police

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 07:56:44 PDT 2005

My good Lady, I am sorry if I offended you.  I was merely illustrating a
point in the topic, and had absolutely No intention of re-starting the
"Nasty Laurel" discussion, which, after a bunch of years in this
Society, I, too, have heard a lot of times.

Yes, if a Laurel (Or Pelican, or Lion, or Knight, or...) does what was
done to my friend, the correct response is to go tell another of their
Circle the story.  Many Laurels, Society-wide, are trying to wipe out
this group of nasty Peers, but if they don't know about an incident they
cannot coach (or poach, perhaps?) the errant Laurel.

Frankly, I've also seen horrible behavior from Irises, and people with
no title at all.  I ignore them all firmly.  However, a new person will
generally not know to just blow them off, and the sting will fester
within them until they either learn about Real Laurels, or they quit.

If anyone on this list has never met a "good Peer", come find me.  I
know a bunch of them, and will be delighted to introduce you to as many
as I can find at that event. I'm betting you all know at least one.

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross