[Ansteorra] Hurricane Emily

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 14 15:00:14 PDT 2005

Just an observation here, nothing major...

  While checking on Emily's possible 3-day and 5-day projected track, it
appears that right now Emily is aimed for Mexico's Yucatan peninsula
(the northeastern coast of Mexico) and the southern tip of Texas. If
this baby tracks even a little to the north in the habit of most
hurricanes, you folks in the Coastal and Southern regions of Ansteorra
(maybe even Central region) might wanna make sure you've got some
provisions. It is likely that Emily will reach Category 3 this evening
over open seas. Baring any further excursions on land, she might well
get stronger before hitting the Gulf Coast.

  With any luck Emily will die down, come ashore and give southern and
central Texas a good midsummer soaking, with nothing else of note. My
parents live down near Stargate, so I'm usually watching the weather
down that way, thought I'd pass that along for those of you who are not
hardcore weather junkies.

No fearmongering, just keep your eyes peeled.

~Finnacan