[Ansteorra] Re: meeting your SO at an event

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 08:20:34 PDT 2005

>I'd like to hear from anyone else who has
something to say on this
topic, as well.<sniped

In the summer of 2002 I was attending my first "war"
event.  new to the SCA my friends and I decided to go
to Uprising (held in Idaho) together.  None of us were
part of some household or gambit like that, and none
of us were interested in camping with our shire (which
to this day acts like a High School class, either
you're in the crowd or you're not).  So agreeing we
set up our own camp of "The Degenerates" out of fun
and proceeded to have a lot of it.
The camp next to ours was "Dragon House" and they
invited us to come and party, it then turned into a
week long invitation as they included our small camp
in their feasting by combining our stuffs together.
On the first night of the event I was standing next to
the fire of another camp party watching some dancers
(well swaying actually too much of the good stuff that
tasted like koolaid but wasn't) when this gentle comes
up to me and asks "where's your friend" I look at him,
give him a wry grin and replied "which one I came with
5?" this made him shake his head and laugh "no the
blond one I was referring to she said to meet her at
this fire"  I must have given him THE LOOK, at that
because he immediately appologized and said she had
referred him to the party is all.  So I told him that
I didn't know where she was but I would keep him
company until she arrived.  So, until the party
stopped, and we had to go back to camp, we sat around
our campfire til dawn TALKING about stuff then he left
back to his own camp.
About 10am that morning as I carefully roused myself
out of a 4 hour sleep, with a severe "you had too much
to drink and you have an archery competition you
idiot" headache I realized I had forgotton to ask
"Alf" (the nickname he uses because the first letters
of his name spell it lol) Where he was camped so I
could not ask him if he would like to come to the
Archery competition (kindom championship actually but
alas I came in 4th place that year lol).  I made
myself ready and began to walk toward Dragon house for
coffee and there he was.
Well to make this already too long story short, we are
still together and engaged to be married hopefully
this fall :)

Naima

Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Barony of Bjornsborg
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Those who live by the sword, die by the clothyard shaft