[Ansteorra] mobility issues: the ADA

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Fri Jul 15 12:50:43 PDT 2005

According to the Department of Justice, which administers the enforcement of
the Americans with Disabilities act, the SCA and other private organizations
that hold events open to the public, DOES fall under the specific provisions of
Title III of the ADA.  Specifically, even though we are renting facilities,
*both* parties (Landlord and Lessee) have responsibilities under the ADA.

If, as an autocrat, you want to know the specific guidelines for buildings, it
can be found at: http://ada.gov/reg3a.html#Anchor-Appendix-52467

I would note that these guidelines are for commercial buildings - I don't have
specific information on PRIVATE buildings or property.

-Zubeydah, who is a Payroll Administrator in another existance. ;-)