[Ansteorra] mobility issues and the law

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:49:21 PDT 2005

--- James Crouchet <james at crouchet.com> wrote:

> I understand that the ADA law is not designed to
> apply to a private
> organization such as ours. I'm sure the kingdom
> seneschal or chancellor
> can offer more guidance on this. It might be a good
> question for
> RoundTable.

Having just gone through the process of getting a
Notice of Right to Sue a non-profit agency, what you
are saying isn't entirely true.

The ADA applies to organizations with 15 or more
employees and the EEOC counts Board Members as
employees because they make hiring and firing
decisions.  I haven't looked to see how many Board
Members the SCA has or how many employees.  But, if
the sum is 15 or greater, the ADA applies.

I know there is a case before the Board of Directors
now to try and determine the legalities. I wouldn't
even want to try to sort all that out.  I'm just
sharing my personal experience.

Isobel de Kirkbryde, a widow.  My son, Odhran Kilmaine and I were blessed to be taken in by Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay.