[Ansteorra] Tavern at Queens Champion

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 09:34:19 PDT 2005

Unto Don Brian McCeal,  I do send my greetings and
wishes of good health.

I would take this opportunity to tell you of the
preparations for the new Billy Goat Tavern that I am
building.  I am to understand that the Grand
Tournament to determine the Champion for our Gracious
and Radiant Queen Saereid will be held near to the new
tavern.

Though trade has sent me far from the Kingdom of
Anstoerra, I have kept track of the progress of the
construction.  The Tavern will be finished in time for
the Tournament, but the menu will limited upon the
opening of the Tavern.  Grilled chicken and beef,
salads, bread, and cheese will be available.  I have
even been able to get the recipe for something brought
from the east called pase-ta that my cooks have turned
into a salad.  I have arranged ice and snow to be
brought from the frigid northern climes of Ansteorra
to cool various fruits.

Amidst all this good news, there are a few bits of
ill-tidings.  My cousin was traveling in with all the
crockery and eating utensil.  Before he entered our
Great and Peaceful Kingdom, he was set upon by
brigands and all was lost.  It will be months before
another shipment can be arranged.  So upon the opening
of the Tavern, there will be naught to eat from or
with.  In addition, as I said earlier, I am out of the
Kingdom on matters of trade and I may not be able to
return when the day of the Tournament arrives.  I have
arranged for my cousin to be there for the opening to
run the Tavern.  It is part of my wish to have him
work off part of his debt from losing the wagon of
crockery.   Although he is a good and trustworthy man,
he is a bit coarse and untutored in courtly manners.

With this, I must leave off this missive and continue
my journey.  You have my hope that the Tournament to
find a Champion suitable for our Queen is successful.

William Westcott of Welewen
Barony of  Loch Soilleir
Ansteorra