[Ansteorra] Do you seek to be a bard?? Fire Walkers Wanted!

David Backlin edrei-the-quiet at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 8 07:54:44 PDT 2005

when? where?

----- Original Message -----
From: "LadyPendarvis" <ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Anteorra List" <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 8:27 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Do you seek to be a bard?? Fire Walkers Wanted!

Forwarded  by request of Elfsea's Bard:

Do you seek to be a bard?
To lift your voice in song?
To recite the tales and poetry
Of a history proud and long?

And when the battle's over,
And a victor has been found,
Do you lift your voice to heroes
Who lived or died, but held their ground?

Will you recount the deeds of chivalry,
And chide the lack of same?
Lifting mortal men to glory,
Or bow their heads in shame?

Can you withstand the test of pride,
To be just and never vain?
Knowing when to praise or reprimand,
And when to temper with restrain?

Do you seek the dying ember
Of a disenchanted soul?
Then fan the flame within it,
That he rise to reach his goal?

Do you seek to inspire greatness,
In those who's way has been hard?
To make us more than we seem to be?
Then come and be a bard!

Do you have what it takes to be a Fire Walker?
If you think so then come and try.  There will be several Miscreant hosted
competitions held to find those who have the "right stuff"
They will be granted one of the Fire Walker Lanters to carry from camp to
camp, list field to court, and such and so forth.
Once there are enough of you out there, there will be a competion held to
find the Prince(Princess) of the Fire Walkers.  (There's a nifty staff with
a hook you can hang your lantern from)  But only holders of the lantern will
be allowed to compete for this little title.

BTW, this is our own little way of incouraging entertainers to get out there
and move around.  It is time we stop waiting for them to come to us, we must
take it to them!
Any type of performers are eligable including bards, jesters, dancers,
musicians, and just about anything else you can think of of course.  You may
not be the best competition performer out there, but if you entertain on
demand for the good of the populace you have come to the right place!

And if anyone out there would like to help us in out attempt to bring out
the best entertainers in the Known World, let us know.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Always in service to you all
and The Dream,

-Xian Xue-