[Ansteorra] the Attack of the "Authenticity Police"

digigirl digigirl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:29:45 PDT 2005

Very well said, Finnacan.  Your words represent my feelings exactly.

Of course, we all know there are some people with no tact who say
things they shouldn't, and criticize others unkindly about their goods
or behavior.  They do exist - but I believe, not nearly in the vast
ranks they are purported to be. In fact, in my experience, they are
VERY few and far between.

Rather, a great number of these so-called "Authenticity Nazis" are
really kind, well-meaning people offering gentle comments (which
sometimes, were even requested by the "victim"), which are PERCEIVED
as harshly criticizing due to the recipient's own defensiveness or
negative attitude. Or perhaps it's not even the recipient who sees it
so, but another third person who witnessed the "incident."

I am very sad that so many people are so willing to first choose a
negative perception over a positive one. Just remember - comments are
merely that.  One can disregard them entirely, if one so chooses.

Ceinwen

Can't we all just get along?  ;P