[Ansteorra] Traditions (was the Attack of the "Authenticity Police")

Lady Einin Ciarnait little_dragon_0861 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 11:02:32 PDT 2005

OK Gunvor...

I realize, obviously there have been a lot of changes for the better...ie better armor, etc...but please...leave some tradition.

For example, in mundane life...here we go religious analogy...I personally don't believe women should be priests or rabbis...it just so goes against tradition and just plain makes me uncomfortable. Kind of like when I went to the synagogue and the rabbi was about 15 years younger than me...c'mon...( lol) rabbis are supposed to be old men with long grey beards:)

In every society you have changes...not always for the better...not just talking the game here, but realistically as well...I mean, we wouldn't be having this discussion without computers...but at the same time, our mundane society has come to rely so heavily on them that people freaked over the change in the millenium.

Not to mention what it is doing to our childrens imaginations...or lack thereof because the games do everything for them,...but don't get me on that soapbox.

Tradition can be a good thing...and some things should be left alone

:)

Einin