[Ansteorra] was Traditions now "P" word

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:23:57 PDT 2005

>As for Pirates? Well, the early Romans, the Greeks, and the later romans
>(byzantines) had 'em.  The Moors had 'em.  The Irish had 'em in the 16th
>century. Do some research and find the truth about pirates, of whatever
>time
>period you chose that's pre-17th century. That's what the Middle Easterners
>in the SCA had to do several years back. Teach classes on it.  Inform the
>ignorant public (that includes me, BTW) about them. Tell stories around the
>campfires about them, in true bardic fashion.

lol

Me and my crew had been working on that off and on for the past year, until
a couple of things we did out of fun weren't taken as such... soon as I get
the political relations back on a good note, I intend fully to offer these
classes... well, as soon as I get my research back in order. I've been doing
research for about 3 years on the subject, and all my research and class
materials were lost when my computer crashed about 2 months ago. *sigh* Now
I have to start over on my class material... lol
The life of a Ship's Captain is never an easy one

Lord Duncan MacNamara
Captain of the 'Iron Lotus'
Commodore of the Allied Outlanders Fleet