[Ansteorra] mobility issues ( long, sorry)

Lady Einin Ciarnait little_dragon_0861 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 20:47:04 PDT 2005

<<<snip>>>

She tore herself up over the decision whether or not to get the handicap
placard for her car, because she does not consider herself 'handicapped' and
shouldn't be parking there. My father, sisters and I had to bully her into
it because we see what walking has done for her lately. Quite frankly, she
only uses it when she's wearing the brace, because that's when she's in the
most pain.
Not everyone's 'handicap' is as visible as others' are. And some people may
not consider one person's disability handicap-worthy, but only 2 people are
really the judge of that - the disabled person and their physician.

Course, I think any woman in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy should be
allowed to park in the handicapped spaces. at least until after she
delivers.

Deirdre

Exactly what I went thru before getting my placard...almost 12 years of arguing with my husband, because I didn't consider myself disabled:)

I also agree that a woman in her 3rd trimester should be allowed a temporary placard...also for about the first month after the baby is born. it takes that long usually to feel " normal".

I love the stores like CVS which have next to the handicapped spots, parking which they ask be reserved for their pregnant customers:)...what a wonderful thought.

Einin