[Ansteorra] Mobility issues

Anne Shaw Director at 21stcenturyschools.com
Sat Jul 16 23:12:07 PDT 2005

Some time ago I was visting my doctor and ran across an article in the Lancet Medical Review (publication date unknown) on the subject of impaired mobility.  When I saw the postings here, I asked the nice nurse at the office to fax over the article.  An excerpt of it follows.

The da Vinci Program Celebrates Design Innovations

by Winston Davis

Michael Rokosz reveres Leonardo da Vinci-for his ability to couple artistic imagination to engineering principles, and for his concern about obstacles to human activities. The Renaissance master left behind plans for amazing inventions years before their time, as well as such practical innovations as irrigation systems that used hydraulics to water vegetable fields in Lombardy, an early design for a parachute, a helicopter, contact lenses and a wooden wheelchair, among many other inventions.

So, I suppse if someone wants to say that wheelchairs aren't "period"  you can tell that person otherwise.

HL Nomaan Bucharde