[Ansteorra] Armor....what a pain

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Jul 18 11:53:49 PDT 2005

Howdy Muriel, the first place to start is the "Complete Participants Handbook"  which can be found at

http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook

http://armored.ansteorra.org is another good reference.

It contains rules for what you gotta wear, what it has to be made out of, and in what manner you can hit people with.  You'll probably need someone (i.e. local knight marshal) to help you with the confusing parts of the handbook.

Regarding supplies, there are a wide variety of vendors and suppliers, so it will probably be most beneficial for you to look at what you want to make first, and then proceed with more specific questions from there.

I.e. "How do I get a shield" is a big question where as "where can I find good luminum for a shield" is a easier one to answer.

Also, Stefan's floregium probably has some good resources too.

Jean Paul

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com