[Ansteorra] Steppes mailing list

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu Jul 28 09:03:33 PDT 2005

Hello,

Steppes has a separate e-mailing list just for fighter practice. It is
on Yahoo. You will need to set up a yahoo id first.
The link below will get you there.

Email List for Fighter Practice
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SteppesFP

You will need to send a email requesting to be added to this list.

On the subject of canceling or moving the practice, there is a core
group that comes out every Sunday afternoon from 2 PM to 6 PM,
regardless of the weather - Hot or Cold, Rain or Shine - we are there in
the park in Carrollton - Mary Heads Carter park.  This group agreed upon
a rule concerning "changing practice" - need several weeks notice in
advance to allow communication that a change is being made before the
change is made. Otherwise, we will not change the time nor the location
at the drop of a hat or that someone has a "bright" idea - this type of
activity does not help grow a fighter practice - it actual causes the
attendance to fall away.

Do hope that you will be able to join us out at the park any Sunday. The
official start time for practice is 2 PM. Although we start gathering
around 1:30 PM or so. There is loaner armor, the only thing that is not
supply is personal protection.

The map location link is:

http://www.steppes.org/graphics/maps/mhc_p.gif

I publish a post briefing of what happens at the Steppes fighter
practice every week.
Which includes the following, but not limited the list below:
Attendance - will use SCA name and title if possible, plus recognize
branch, household, and/or unit individual is with
Type of Weather
Suggestions on what to bring depending on time of year- i.e., water,
gatorade, snacks, sunscreen, hats, etc...
Brief explanation of the type of scenario(s) that happen that day
Types of weapons and shields being employed by the fighters
A list of fights that I witness - who faced off with whom.

YIS,
 Lord Michael Kettering
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri
  King's Archer