[Ansteorra] Good News (and Bad News) ;)

David Backlin edrei-the-quiet at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 09:00:31 PDT 2005

First the good news: Mid Summer Knght's Dream will be held in Smythkepe this
Labor Day weekend.

The bad news is this will be the last MSKD (in the Kingdom of Meridies. Next
year's will be in the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann).

This year's theme is "Around the Globe" (Globe Theatre, that is).  For this 4 Day weekend,  we will transform a Mundane scout camp into the Globe Theatre. Join us for a weekend of fighting, fencing, feaasting, classes and children's activities including the following:

For the Rapier Fighters: the Smythkepe Defender Tourney and a Fox Hunt (and we have LOTS of Foxes in Smythkepe ;) )

For the Heavy Fighters: a Fledgling Tourney and a Boar Hunt  (guaranteed not to be boar-ing)

For the artistically inclined: A&S competitions including the Best of Show Favor and the "All the World's a Stage" Patron's Theatrical Trubute (but no Golden Globes).

Oh yeah, Sunday will feature the Shake-a-Spear(e) Tourney.

THAT'S the good news. The Bad news is, it isn't free (sorry).

But the good news is for a paltry sum of  $17 for Adults and $9 for Children (6-18 y/o) you can enjoy a full weekend of fun frolic and feasting , including ROAST BOAR (not me, I hope).  Non-members please add $3.00. Off-board (Bad news if you miss feast: "mickey d's" is 10 miles away) please deduct $7. Daytrippers (one day ticket) please deduct $5.

Site is the Rogers Scout Camp at Ione, AR, just off State Road 23. Directions will be posted shortly and will also appear on the website (currently under construction).

Site opens 5pm Friday September 2nd and closes 11am Monday September 5.  Site is DRY.

For more information, please contact one of the following:

Event Steward: Ly Bridget O'Fallon (mka Cathy Simkins) simkcat at aol.com

Feast Steward: Ly Ceara inghean Lasair (mka Sherry Savage) flanglsfire at yahoo.com

Class Provost: THL Moira nic Bryn (mka Cathy Armstrong) moirabryn at sbcglobal.net

Merchant Liason: Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin) edrei-the-quiet at sbcglobal.net

Reservationist: Ld Frederick Alten (mka Fred Zeiler) frederickalten at cox-internet.com

The good news is we'll have LOTS of fun. The bad news is if you're not here, we'll give your share of the fun to someone else ;)