[Ansteorra] Quick Question on SCA Name Registry

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Sat Jun 4 10:42:53 PDT 2005

When a name registration fee is paid and a name is approved and
registered, it is registered with the SCA, Inc and added to the lists
of registered arms and names. These names and arms are protected
throughout the entire SCA once they are accepted, so that someone
wanting, say, a device too similar to yours will have to make changes
to their device to get it accepted, even if they live out in An Tir or
NorthShield.
The heralds of Ansteorra recognize a registered name from outside as
well as inside the Kingdom.
Congratulations, by the way, on getting your name registered.

~Finnacan Dub (pronounced Finnegan Duff)