[Ansteorra] Stain

Anne Shaw anneshaw21 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 12:01:29 PDT 2005

With all due respect to those that have answered before me, you are most likely stuck with the stain to one degree or another.

I spoke with a freind who runs a dry cleaning store near me and she says that on velours of all types, severe grease stains are usually there to stay.  When she tries to get oil based stains out of velour she first tries to get as much of the substance off/out of the fabric as possible.  She then uses naptha (found in the cleaning section of most grocery stores near the starch).  She dampens the fabric and rubs the naptha directly on the stain ) after checking an unstained area for color fastness.  She does this as many times as needed to remove the stain.
Again though, she says that the stain is probably there to stay.

Nomaan