[Ansteorra] Kingdom Dance and Music

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:07:19 PDT 2005

Greetings Ansteorra from Master Philip White, Deputy A&S in Charge of Dance
and Music!

We have just had a wonderful Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium and I wanted
to give accolades for all the people who were involved in the event. Many
thanks to the Canton of Westgate and the Barony of the Stargate for hosting
the symposium – the populous were especially welcoming for all of us who had
to travel.

Lord David Dayly and Lord Antonello del Bello did a first-rate job of
assembling an event staff and set of teachers.  They also secured Dr. Yvonne
Kendall as a guest instructor which all found as a very valuable resource.
It is great to have access to a mundane academic at one of our society
events. Special thanks also to the D&M portion of the staff.  Master Avatar
and HL Gerald were the music directors.  Mistress Perronnelle ran the ball.
HL Isabeau handled the proceedings coordination and layout design.

The Middle Eastern classes were definitely popular. The dance teachers
included HL Antoinette, HL Rhiannon, and HL Clara with percussion classes
offered by Lord Cormac.  From what I saw, the classes were well attended and
the dancers were having a great time.  If you are a Middle Eastern dancer
you really missed out.

We had a number of European dance instructors who volunteered.  Thank them
for their work if you see them… or even ask them to teach at one of your
local events.  They included: Mistress Anne, HL Guillaume, HL Helene, Baron
Ihon, HL Isabeau, Lady Lowrie, HL Myfanwy, Mistress Perronnelle, and
Baroness Signy. Quite a slate of instructors if you ask me and all did an
excellent job of helping spread new dances and encourage others in this art
we love so much.

Again, I wanted to thank all who came to the event.  It is a good feeling to
see how much support there is throughout the Kingdom for the dance and music
communities.  I am already looking forward to what we can offer next year.

Your Servant to Command,
~p.w.