[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] Contest at Protectorate

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 21:11:24 PST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Maleah wrote:
> Greetings Ansteorra,
>     For the last several years we have run a cooking contest at
> Protectorate. This years theme will be steamed puddings. I know that is
> announcement is early considering that our event is Oct. 7-9th, but I
> wanted
> to give our cooks plenty of lead time for planning and such. We are
> planning
> a woderful prize and all the word fame you can handle for the winner.
>     We look forward to seeing you all at Beltane May 6-8th and again at
> Protectorate.
>
> Maleah
> Baroness of Namron

This sounds like an interesting contest. I'm looking forward to hearing
about how this turns out.

Folks looking for some info on and recipes for period puddings might
find these files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium to be of
interest:
puddings-msg      (99K) 11/22/04    Medieval puddings. Recipes.
Custards.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/puddings-msg.html
White-Mash-art     (8K) 11/20/99    A white pudding from the
Harpestraeng
                                        manuscript by Elysant de Holtham.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/White-Mash-art.html

I'm not sure if haggis would be considered a pudding or a sausage for
this contest, but there is also this file in the FOOD-MEATS section,
although some of the period recipes are vegetarian:
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/haggis-msg.html

Stefan
--------