[Ansteorra] Gulf War A&S

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 10:49:04 PST 2005

Artisans of Ansteorra!  Your Kingdom needs your support!  We will be engaged in battle with the Trimarian arts and sciences community during the Gulf War Grand Melee Friday afternoon.  Ansteorra has the most talented group of people I have ever seen and I can't wait for everyone to see all our beauty.  If you have any questions, please contact me and I'll see you at the War!

Mistress Gwyneth Blackrose
Gulf Wars A&S Coordinator

These are the rules and schedule for the competition:

• Registration for the Grand Melee will begin on Friday at 9:00 am and end at 10:00 am.
• The hall will be open to the populace for Melee Competition voting and viewing from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
• The populace will vote for performance entries for the Grand Melee from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, directly following any Champion’s performance entries.

• The Grand Melee Arts & Sciences competition will be held on Friday of the war.
• Entrant must declare their entry for either Ansteorra or Trimaris.
• Entries must be anonymous.
• Only one entry per person will be allowed, and entrant must be on-site unless they are a champion for their kingdom.
• Any member of the populace in attendance can judge entries and vote once.
• Sitting Royalty and Their Heirs (Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses) from any kingdom, and Laurels who are judging the Melee competition will have “weighted” votes. A Royal/Laurel vote will be worth 5 points.
• The populace will judge Performance entries for the Grand Melee from 1:00pm to 3:00 pm. A sign up sheet will be provided, and performances times are on a first come, first served basis. The time limit for Grand Melee performances will be five minutes.
• The war point will be awarded to the kingdom that has acquired the greater amount of votes.

The entrant with the most points will win the Grand Melee Battle and be recognized in Great Court on Saturday evening. If more than one entry ties for top score, they will all be recognized in Great Court.