[Ansteorra] Gas prices...

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 10:28:55 PST 2005

Are also largely effect by the price of crude oil/
barrel.  This past week, prices hit $55/ barrel, which
is just below the New York Merchantile Exchange record
of $55.17 set back in October.  They settled at weeks
end at $53.78 on Friday.

Many familiar with the workings of OPEC have declared
that "low petroleum prices were a thing of the past."
Some are evn projecting that price per barrell could
go as high as $80/ by June.  Now, if I am paying
$2.00/ gallon in gas here in the North at $53/
barrell, I am guesstimating looking at $2.75-$3.50
this summer.

Perhaps this will finally spur research in non-fossil
based fuel sources.

Aline
Who is glad of her decent salary clerking this summer,
becuase the gas to drive across town will require it.