[Ansteorra] Another alternative to Crown Tourney

Melissa Baxter mbaxter66 at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 16:43:45 PST 2005

For those of you who don't have the time or money to travel as far as Crown
or the Medieval Faire in Oklahoma, there is a History Faire & Culture Fest
being held in San Antonio on Sat. 2nd April. This is a 'timeline' event so
re-enactors and performers from many time periods and cultures will be
there. The Barony of Bjornsborg will be running the SCA demo as a
mini-tourney with prizes. There will also be an A&S prize for the best
'educational' display. All are welcome to attend.

The History Faire will be held on the grounds of Tejeda Middle School, 2909
East Evans Rd, SA, 78259. The gates open to the public at 10am and close at
4pm. The gates will be open for set up at 8am (maybe earlier if needed) and
will close after we all leave. School groups will be selling food and drink,
or you may bring your own. An air conditioned teacher's lounge will be
available for our use with complimentary coffee and Danish.

This is a nice family event with lots to see and do. It is free and open to
the general public.  For more information contact Deboramarzec at aol.com.

They usually have guns firing, and sometimes cannon, so it's best to leave
pets at home, unless they're used to gunfire. Site is dry.

Branwen

Seneschal

Barony of Bjornsborg