[Ansteorra] Lord of the Rings exhibit in Houston this summer

richard at duke.sca.org richard at duke.sca.org
Mon Mar 7 12:07:30 PST 2005

My wife and kids and I visited this exhibition at the UK National Museum
of Science in London during our Nov 2003 trip.   It is more in some
areas than you would expect and less in others.  The detail of the armor
is excellent and passes the 10 foot rule, with some passing the 3 foot
rule.  There are good exhibits on how they worked the size issue with
the hobbits and several audio/video exhibits, like one on the program
simulating individuals in a large scale battle.  All of the costumes are
there.  However, Smegol/Golleum has a very minimal display and the one
ring display is sorta hokey.  I'd give it four swords out of five.  It
is definitely worth seeing and my wife and kids were worn out and ready
to leave before I was, but it is not amazingly over the top awesome.

Regards,
Duke Richard
Rosenfeld