[Ansteorra] RE: Blogs?

Dale Sampson talan.sca at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:13:25 PDT 2005

Ive heard a lot in this discussion about how blogs are for people
scared of real life, people who don't want to confront the real world,
 some of you say that blogs are not as good as person to person.  Well
let me put it this way, say you read a article in the news paper, or
see a story on the news and it somehow touches your, regardless of if
its in a good or bad way, wouldn't you want to talk about it?  Now if
i see something on TV that moves me, there may not be somebody in my
life that would understand, or perhaps nobody i would feel talking to
about it, for whatever reason.  But with blogs i can voice my
thoughts, talk about my feelings, and have other people respond and
discuss it with, without actually having to know them.  People of all
walks of life have blogs, even more read them, and many that read will
post comments.  If something you read moved you, but your family
thought you where silly for feeling that way about whatever it is,
wouldn't it make you feel a little better to tell the world?  wouldn't
it be nice to have people from all over the world discussing it with
you, giving you their opinions about it too?

I know i rambled on about it a lot, but to sum it up, being able to
say what you want, when you want and to have the ability to discuss it
with whoever happens by, can be a comfort to people, with everything
from day to day life, to tragedies.  After all why do people go to
confession, is it _just_ for the religious reasons?  Or is there a
deeper need to get things off you chest anonymously, without the worry
of condemnation?

On 5/11/05, Marc Carlson <marccarlson20 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
> >*confused* What? Give in to your anger, strike them down, and take your
> >place
> >beside the emperor?
> >Michael
> >(Oh, wait... that's probably just what *my* better angels are
> >suggesting...) ;-)
>
> Unfortunately, my less good angels keep telling to to focus my anger, strike
> the emperor down and take HIS place, which I think is probably why I try to
> focus on the rest of them :)
>
> M/D

In Service to the Dream
Talan of Stonebridge Keep