[Ansteorra] OT : To the Mothers

Criestien kim_kopec at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 23:17:31 PDT 2005

My mom was always there for us through good times or bad. Anything we needed she made sure that we had. For Halloween she’d dress us up like a pirate or a ghoul For Easter she would hide those eggs and chocolate bunnies too.

Our birthday cake always home baked and decorated too The frosting spread with loving strokes as only she could do. Each flower and each letter had to be put on just so A masterpiece with candles lit, “Make a wish and blow.”
Doctor Mom was ready for each cut and every sprain. And somehow just a kiss from mom would get rid of the pain. She didn’t need a white lab coat her housedress did just fine And when you left her “office” you felt better every time.
For Christmas and Thanksgiving you could count on quite a treat. Roast turkey or a baked ham and of course some homemade sweets. She’d be in the kitchen for hours on those days To show how much she loved us in every single way.
So here’s to mom on mother’s day, I wrote this so you’d know How much I love you every day, even if it doesn’t show. I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.

Mom--the woman I love most,
You brought me into this world
With suffering, yet joy
Comes a bouncing baby girl.

You taught me how to tie my shoes,
And to say the ABCs.
To read and write, to sing and play
(And even how to pee!)

But since I have grown older,
I realized without a doubt
That, Mom, you are one lady
I could not live without.

So, on this cheerful Mother's day,
I write this poem with glee.
For Mom, you're super-smashing
And you're always dear to me.    Ode to Mom" A mothers job is never done, Shes slaves to the bone for daughter and for son, She never has time for luxuries, she never has time for fun, All she does is work overtime, she lives life on the run, As we lie on our beds, with our bellies aching full and with mischief running through our heads, we sometimes forget to say thank you for doing the things you do, To say we love you, we know what you're going through, We thank god for our mother, For without her, we can never be, to grow up and be as wonderful, as wonderful as she

  Its sad that we only tell the women that did the most for us in our life a couple of times a year, how much they mean to us.  Of course, we tell them on their birthday that we are happy they are there.  We all make the time to go and see them or give them a call on mothers day. But these are the bare minimum that we should do.  These are the women that gave us life, Gave us hope, and told us that we arent silly for believing in knights, and castles, and fairy tales.  They are the people that supported us through thick and thin, through the best times in our lives, and our darkest hours.

SO to the mothers of this world I Stand Sceaming "VIVAT!!!!!!"

Thank you mom, for all your hard work to make me into an Honourable Man

Ld Criestien Bjornson
1st man at arms to the High Falcon
Fighting Falcon Southern Keep
Order of the Talon
Order of the Housecarls
Order of the Pesterer

Without Morals and Ethics, you can have no Honor.