[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord onsite Embroidery contest

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Thu May 19 07:21:04 PDT 2005

Good Gentles,

This year the onsite embroidery competition theme is "East".

Any design having to do with East is fine. Some ideas may be Far East,
Japan, Middle East, Sun, Wise men from the East, East Podunk (?), Morning Glory,
Easter Lily (?, well maybe not but you get the idea).

Go East good soul, Go East.

There will be two prizebaskets for the winners, Best Entry Fitting the
Theme, and Baroness's Favorite.

Steppes is famous for it's wonderful largess. Having won the Baroness's
Favorite in the past, I can tell you a wonderful treasure trove awaits  some
skillful contestant.  Mistress Kalida has provided a  wonderful basket of largess
for the best theme entry.

Come by the Library in the Hall Saturday AM to pick up information and
supplies. We will provide fabric, DMC cotton floss, needles, and  hoops.  You may
bring your own supplies if you wish.

Contestants have till noon on Sunday to work on their entry. Check the
schedule for any changes

We do not expect a totally finished piece, just as much as can be done in a
day's time to complete your design, something relatively quick and  gorgeous.

So be thinking of what idea you will choose and come compete with other
embroiderers for fun and great gifts.

HL Ciard O'Seachnasaigh
MOAS Barony of the Steppes, who will teach a class on the Bayeux Tapestry
Stitch