[Ansteorra] ISO "Governor's Letter of Commendation to the SCA

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 10:40:37 PDT 2005

--- ansteorra-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 21:49:06 -0500
> From: "niklas at pbgilbert.net" <niklas at pbgilbert.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] ISO "Governor's Letter of Commendation to the
> 	SCA"
> To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
>
> There was also one for 25 year event from Gov Perry of Texas and one
> from the current Gov of Oklahoma. In fact the one from Oklahoma was a
> proclamation rather than a letter of greeting.
>
> Bush sent one for 20th Year and Perry sent one for 25th year.
>
> We also got one from the Gov of OK at both events and they both were
> proclamations.
>
> I tried to get one for 25th year from "President" GW and never heard
> from them.
>
> I have copies of the ones I did , but right now have no idea where they
> are due to the move.
>
> HE Niklas

When 20th came, the one's from Tx and OK, were copied for each branch to
have one for their archives.  Likely Bordermarch has one in their files,
if you want to view it up close and personal.

There was also a page of the documents on the Ansteorran server:
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/old/jan1999/proclamation.html
(but I could not get the link to work for me, so it's probably no longer
there).

Niklas, when you find the original copies, before or after they
get passed over to the Kingdom Historian, I can make copies on good
quality paper and give a copy to each branch (say at Coronation or
Red Tape), so they will have both the 20th and 25th year copies.

Cheers, Hillary (who got the 20th year set done)