[Ansteorra] RE: Blogs?

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 07:57:08 PDT 2005

>From Dale Sampson talan.sca at gmail.com:
>Ive heard a lot in this discussion about how blogs are for people
>scared of real life, people who don't want to confront the real world,
>some of you say that blogs are not as good as person to person...

Are you sure you are reading the same thread that I am?  While I've seen a
message about the Internet being a bad way to communicate (which I certainly
don't agree with), I seem to have missed the discussion saying that bloggers
are afraid of real life and don't want to confront the real world.
Certainly there are some people who don't see the attraction, or feel that
it's just not for them, but that's not the same as attacking the concept.

Me, I certainly understand the attraction (heck, I'll talk pretty much
anywhere to anyone), the only reason I don't give in to the temptation is
that I spend far too much time on the Net as it is doing more traditional
email things.

Marc/Diarmaid