[Ansteorra] Blogs?

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 12:33:33 PDT 2005

Good point.  I use email to communicate as well, and I guess my view was that a blog was something people used to reach others that you DON"T know, where email is more personal.
gwyneth

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh <simonemu at gmail.com> wrote:
Gwenwth
You bring up an interesting point, yet I find it a bit to general, as a
person with a blog and an avid internet user. I do not fit into you
definition and as such respectfuly must disagree..
Me
I have a blog, I use e-mail I do a lot of communicating over the internet.
as do a lot of folks
I can only speak from my experiance.
I check my mail several times a day, not because I don't have a life or
folks to talk with For me it is the other way around.
I teach computers, Help clients, am active in my church, the SCA, my
exercise group, and my recovery group. Outside of my lord my nearest
relitive is 70 miles away the next closest is 600. my family is strewn
across this country. my eldest two children are in college in Hawaii. and my
yungest two are in Highschool in Nebraska I have many friends ascross the
country and our state as well. If I spent the time clling and talking with
them the way I e-mail them I would still be looking at phonebills larger
than my rent. For me the internet is a great tool It alows me to Keep in
touch with family and friends.
My Blog allows me to share informtion with a larger group of folks instead
of having to send out the same thing over and over again. and gives readers
an oppertunity to respond to it. Varrably most of the stuff on it is letting
family and friends know what I am up to. Life lessons I'm working on and
tidbits I want my sponcees to consider on living a life in recovery. and I
have one just for freinds in the writing community to give me feedback on my
litterary work.
It is my oppinion that when communicating over an online media or any media
We all have a reponcibility to use it in a constructive manner. and not to
turn it into a forum for negitive thoughts and emotions. Just because I have
a place to write my opinions and fealings it does not mean it is appropriate
to write everything I am thinking (many times what I am thinking is not
appropriate) I must be acountable for what I put into print as well as what
I say. for example I can think someone is an $^&(*&^% all I want but it is
not appropriate to put it into print. I must be responcible for my actions,
speach and words.
Some folks do not use the media of the internet wisely or responcibly and
that is unfortunate. I hope that over time more will.
Thank you Gweneth for your insight, It has given me time to think and
reflect on why I keep a Blog, along with how and why I use the internet to
communicate.
Simone

On 5/10/05, gail young wrote:

> I believe Blogs have the same appeal as other internet sites...reaching
> out to others w/o taking the chances involved in leaving your living room.
> Internet is a horrible way to communicate, but in a Blog, I don't believe
> communication is always the point. Me telling you something w/o you being
> able to respond is oration.
> If you are writing your blog as Master Fairborne and you're writing about
> Mistress Gwyneth, then yes, the Peer thing is a factor.
> But Nolen writing about Gail is another thing.
> Very fine line.
> Reguardless, the things people say influence how we think and feel. Two
> way communication is the key if everyone wants to get along...but not
> everyone does.
> gwyneth (my brain hurts now) blackrose
>
> "Dale, Richard N" wrote:
> Just trying to get some info.
>
> What is the appeal of Blogs?
> Do people who have Blogs think that no one will read them and put their
> own spin on things?
> What do you do if someone takes your blog out of context?
> How do you let someone know if something on a blog hurts you?
>
> Personally I would much rather talk to people on the phone or in person
> or write my private thoughts in a diary than something that can be
> accessed by anyone with a internet connection.
>
> Do you think that Officers, nobles, peers etc should be held to higher
> standard on a blog? If so why?
>
> Perhaps these are easy or hard questions. Just trying to figure out the
> whole Blog concept and idea.
>
> If problems arise from a blog comment what do you think is the best way
> to correct that situation?
>
> Looking forward to the commentary.
>
> Richard Fairbourne

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh