[Ansteorra] Steppes Weather

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 10:25:16 PDT 2005

>The question is, "Is Gunther attending?" (A "yes" answer has in the past
>led to torrential rain... lol)

The bad news it that Gunthar is attending. The good news is that a
Porto is not on the Throne. It rained during Miguel's reigns (rains?)
as well. I think the elements only really care if one of us is in the
Big Chair. Otherwise it's a toss-up.

>Plan for possible thunderstorms, bring sunscreen and plenty of liquids to
>stay hydrated (it will still be hot!)

It's good to be prepared for anything at Warlord. But the temps
should actually be fairly pleasant based on predictions.

>::GUNNVOR::
>
>(I guess I've entered senility now, because I could swear that when I was
>Just A Young Thing attending my first few Warlords, it was never this hot
>in May, though we did still have thunderstorms and twisters in the vicinity
>even on occasion...)

Well, even as a young pup I remember it being said that Warlord
wasn't official until rain hit the ground. And several times having
Sunday washed out. I remember once at Camp Burnett when I
was wearing my black Hospitaler garb and a wide straw hat, slogging
through the previous day's list field gathering discarded armor
and trying to stay somewhat dry, hearing a cry of "VC in the paddies!"
from the perminant pavillion.

Sheesh.

Gunthar "It's not my fault!"