[Ansteorra] Steppes Weather

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 17:31:34 PDT 2005

At 11:34 AM 5/26/2005, you wrote:
>>What's the latest word on weather for this weekend at Steppes Warlord?
>
>The question is, "Is Gunther attending?" (A "yes" answer has in the past
>led to torrential rain... lol)
>
>Seriously, generally you can expect some thunderstorms and maybe even a
>nearby tornado this time of year in north Texas.  Waterproof containers
>for perishables and your clothes are not a bad idea, and if it doesn't
>rain hard this event it sure will sometime and you'll be prepared.  Bring
>clothes that you won't mind getting wet and/or muddy just in case.
>
>Plan for possible thunderstorms, bring sunscreen and plenty of liquids to
>stay hydrated (it will still be hot!)
>
>::GUNNVOR::
>
>(I guess I've entered senility now, because I could swear that when I was
>Just A Young Thing attending my first few Warlords, it was never this hot
>in May, though we did still have thunderstorms and twisters in the
>vicinity even on occasion...)

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Steppes Warlord is traditionally the first
Really Hot event of the season, and all the fighters who've been slacking
off during the winter or spring suddenly realize how out of shape they
really are.

         -Tivar Moondragon
(who's going to be sensible and stay in his merchant booth in the hall all day)