[Ansteorra] ISO Mongol resources for newcomer

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 17:02:25 PST 2005

On Nov 9, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Tressa wrote:
> We have a newcomer in our group that is interested in
> a Mongolian personna.  She's found alot of
> information, but nothing practical such as patterns,
> etc.  If anyone could offer resources, links, etc. it
> would be most appreciated.

Well, there are these files in the Florilegium:
In the CULTURES section:
Mongl-Mission-art  (9K) 12/16/99    "Mission to the Mongols" by
Bojegei (Kate
                                        Bercaw). Period comments
about Mongols.
Mongols-msg       (54K)  4/10/05    Mongol culture, bibliography.
Mongol horses.
Mongols-N-o-B-art (60K)  1/ 7/01    "Mongols - Nomads or Barbarians"
by Baroness
                                        Catriona Macpherson, GoA.

In the BEVERAGES section:
kumiss-msg        (41K)  7/ 4/04    Mongol drink made from mare's milk.

In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Mongols-msg    (54K)  7/ 1/05    Food of the Mongols. Recipes.

In the STRUCTURES section:
yurts-msg         (92K)  5/12/01    Round Mongol tents also called gers.

> Lady Tressa
> Seneschal
> Tir Medoin

While she is visiting the Florilegium there are also some other
sections, such as the NEWCOMERS section, which she might be
interested in.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas