[Ansteorra] Fwd: [GASupplyRun] Supply Run shutdown begins

David Backlin quiet2284 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 08:41:10 PST 2005

Eric Francis <squirrelhenge at yahoo.com> wrote:To: Supply Run <gasupplyrun at yahoogroups.com>,
Gleann Abhann <gleannabhann at yahoogroups.com>,
Tavern Yard <meridian-ty at yahoogroups.com>
From: Eric Francis <squirrelhenge at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:06:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GASupplyRun] Supply Run shutdown begins

Greetings to all from Peregrine Fairchylde, coordinator of the
Gleann Abhann Supply Run!

Lords and ladies, it is time to start wrapping up this effort. From
the very outset, the response was phenomenal, and I applaud everyone
for the work they have done to assist the people of Gleann Abhann.
Huzzah!

Now, however, it appears that everyone's most immediate needs for
clothing, shelter and food have been taken care of. Many
unexepected donations wee made this past weekend at Gleann Abhann's
First Coronation and we were unable to give all of them away. From
all reports, we're pretty much down to cleanup.

So, effectively immediately, the Gleann Abhann Supply Run is NO
LONGER ACCEPTING DONATIONS of anything except gift cards.

Many of our supply depots are still well-stocked, and we will be
using the next month to six weeks to clear them out by delivering
the last of the goods to those who need them. We will not be
replenishing those depots.

For those of you who have goods on hand you were planning to send, I
ask you to please find a local charity to donate them to. Your
efforts and enthusiasm will not be appreciated any less, and the
goods will still be put to use where they are needed.

For those of you who have held fundraisers and have monetary
contributions, please continue to purchase gift cards and send them
to me for distribution (Eric Francis, 3322 Lamar St., Little Rock,
AR 72205). Again, the ones we need the most are for Home Depot,
Lowe's and Wal-Mart.

Lady Ancyra is still taking in and distributing SCA goods. If you
are interested in donating to that cause, please contact her first
at sisterv at brotherguido.com.

The genorosity of the Known World in this relief effort has been
staggering. In order to thank in person, in a timely fashion, each
and every gentle who contributed in some way to the Supply Run, I
would have to be able to violate the laws of physics (or, at least,
seriously ignore the speed limit), so I hope this will be accepted
in the stead of individual visits: Thank you, thank you, thank you
-- chivalry, courtesy and service are truly alive and well in these
Current Middle Ages!

Please cross-post this message to other kingdom, group and local
lists, so we can make sure nobody is planing to ship another bunch
of boxes down here!

In service to Kingdom and Society, I remain,
Your most humble servant,
Peregrine Fairchylde
Shire of Lagerdamm
Kingdom of Gleann Abhann