[Ansteorra] 3 Kings: Support those loyal to true Kings!

Sean Gulick sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 8 06:43:46 PST 2005

> Greetings unto the Kingdom of Ansteorra!
>
> I present to you a missive from the Laird and Lady Cameron from the
> mountain lands of Lochaber, Kingdom of Scotland.  I know in my
> heart their call to be just and would see it answered by all who
> support king and country.  If upstart clans were to challenge our
> on own King Jason or his successor we would similarly make such a
> call to other just kingdoms to take up arms, and so how can we do
> any less for Scotland!  Hear the words of the Laird and Lady Cameron:
>
> "In this year of our lord, 1388, we find much strife raging across
> our beautiful Highlands.  Pretenders challenge the throne of Robert
> the Bruce, 3rd of his line, may he reign King forever! Our scouts
> have sent word of a battle brewing in the northeast.  We intend to
> travel and take on the upstart clans Macintosh and Davidson as they
> are clearly rebels against the true line of Scottish Kings.  Only
> Robert the Bruce and his decendents will sit the throne as long as
> Cameron blood is left to be spilled.  Thus my Lady and I who have
> strong ties to your kingdom  through our friends Sir Gideon and
> Lady Bridget who reside in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad to the south,
> request your help.  Come ye warriors, artisans, servers,
> equestrians, archers, rapier wielding duelers, and all who live
> under the Black Star and help us fight for the cause of the one
> true King of Scotland.  We promise to make you feel welcome in the
> north and to give gifts from the war chest that we are sure to
> capture with your backing.  Sons of the hounds, come hither and get
> flesh!" - the Laird and Lady Cameron, For King and Country
>

> As you can see, our friends the Laird and his Lady (who look
> surprisingly like us) are in need of help from all who are
> honorable and noble.  We will be rewarded. What say you your
> majesty, will you release your populace to support the true King of
> Scotland through his loyal clan chieftain Donald Dubh of Clan
> Cameron? What say you populace of Ansteorra, will we answer their
> call?
>
> Sir Gideon MacLeod and his betrothed Lady Bridget Rede of Dunvegan

_________________________
Dr. Sean P. S. Gulick
Research Associate
Institute for Geophysics
Jackson School of Geosciences
University of Texas at Austin
4412 Spicewood Springs Rd Bldg 600 Austin, Texas 78759
Phone: 512-471-0483, Fax: 512-471-0999
Email: sean at ig.utexas.edu
http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/sean/

"Honor the past,  live the present, create the future"