[Ansteorra] RE: How times have changed

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:53:08 PST 2005

I really can't speak for the gas prices, since I've been morally offended
ever since they passed a $1 a gallon.

However, I've been scanning in some old photos from old events since I
joined, as well as some more recent ones, and I have to say that as much as
people like me bitch and moan about the overall level of costuming and
accuracy, it's way better now (over all) than it was back in 1988 (please
note I am not being criitcal, in general people were doing the best they
could, we have more available to us now)  For that matter, it was much
better in 1988 than it was in the old pics from AS1 (some pics from the
First Tournament can be found at
http://history.westkingdom.org/Year1/FirstTournament.htm - I'd love to see
the film they talk about.  Pics from the other first year tourneys can be
found off of this page http://history.westkingdom.org/Year1/index.htm --
this is your history)

Things change.

Marc/Diarmaid