[Ansteorra] Submit them (award rec.s)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 17:58:59 PST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Elisabeth B. Zakes wrote:

>> It also brought back to the forefront of my mind that
>> anyone can recommend someone for a non-peerage award.
>
> Actually, anyone can recommend someone for ANY award, including
> peerage or nobility (Court Baron). The peers are quite happy to
> hear from non-peers about people they may have missed, for whatever
> reason.
>
> Aethelyan Moondragon, Pel.

For those who would like even more info on writing recommendation
letters, there are these two files in the SCA-INC section of the
Florilegium:
Award-Rec-Let-art (10K) 11/16/00    "Writing Effective Award
Recommend. Letters"
                                        by Countess Berengaria de
Montfort.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Award-Rec-Let-art.html
award-rec-let-msg (13K)  6/11/05    Writing award recommendation
letters.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/award-rec-let-msg.html

Another thing to keep in mind, and it has been a year or two since I
remember it being discussed here, is that award recommendations may
or may not get passed from one Crown to the next. And even if they
are, the Crowns are often so busy that they may not have time to read
any letters from previous reigns. So, if you submitted a letter and
it wasn't acted upon, for any number of reasons, consider submitting
it again.

Also, you don't have to know what level of award would be most
appropriate for an individual. You may not even know what they
currently have. So submit why you think this individual should get
something, and let the Crown figure out which award is most appropriate.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com