[Ansteorra] Question 11/18 Liability or An Asset

niklas at pbgilbert.net niklas at pbgilbert.net
Sat Nov 19 17:39:20 PST 2005

Ok.....

I guess I am not explaining things very well......

With great respect to all that have answered the question, most of the
answers have contained points of cooperation, compromise, education and
trying to work things out.

What I am saying and trying to bring out is, when all these efforts have
been tried and the hand of "Peace" has been extended many times and it
has been slapped down with malice....what do you do?

When involved persons are making quotes such as "the only reason they
play in the SCA is to throw a party with someone else's money", what do
you do.

People in any kind of organization are one of two things....

They are either a ......  Liability

Or they are an .......    Asset.

It is really that simple.

When someone becomes a liability to a point that they are compromising
the viability of a group because their attitude and behaviors are severe
liabilities to the group and even perhaps the SCA as a whole.....

Yet! they are smart enough to toe right up to the line of violation of
mundane or SCA based laws and polices and manipulate people and events
to fulfill their agendas......

What do you do to stop them before they damage a group to a point that
it goes away due to the lack of viable members and activity?

All of this is just food for thought.

Over the recent times there have been groups that have and are having
these kinds of issues and "liabilities".

Think about it. However, remember....the education, the suggestions, the
nice plays and compromises have been tried and failed....

So now what do you do.

Take Care....

Niklas

Paul DeLisle wrote:
> Well...Well, you can't make a "roadmap for peace" without knowing the
> topography (How's that for mixing my metaphors?? *G*) What I'm trying to
> say, is that I can't speak directly to your problem, without knowing the
> specific people and situations involved. However, here are a few general
> observations:

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW		H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net	      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
936-714-3198 Cellular            Kingdom of Ansteorra
             Society for Creative Anachronism

            Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
            Austin, Texas                      512-506-5141
                       pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                        "The Eagle has landed"
         "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"