[Ansteorra] Re: Psychos and other Ogres

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 11:58:33 PST 2005

I've seen too many times when people's reaction is to just ignore the idiots and hope that people will see through them...

  This ends up costing all of us alot.

  This costs us real people who would stay and be productive...because  they don't want to join an organization that won't control their  problem children.

   It burns officers out...because they get tired of trying to deal  with people fighting them over every little administrative action...and  get tired of having to maintain vigilant watch to keep the problems  these people cause from getting out of hand.

  It keeps people from stepping up to become officers because they don't  want to have to deal with crap along with the duties of the office.

  The only way to deal with these problem people...and minimize the  damage to the populace and the organization is for the officers and  populace to communicate with each other, choose to recognize the  troublemakers, figure out the best course of action, and stand up to  them together...

  L DeerSlayer

Beth Ellis <killian at awesomenet.net> wrote:
There's not much you can do with these people, other than to hope that
eventually most people will see through them (and they usually do). It can
be a real rollercoaster ride until that happens though.  Frankly, I've
gotten so tired of that sort of thing I just walk away and do my best to
keep people like that from intruding on my life.  I've got better things to
do.

Corrinne