[Ansteorra] Question 11/18

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Sat Nov 19 06:33:12 PST 2005

My answer would be this:

They get to play locally...and contribute in whatever way they wish to the
local group (as long as it's legal)...however, they *don't* get to impose
their personal view on others, or the group as a whole.
It's the responsibility of the others in the group (or those that travel
there), especially those with experience, to see that they do not do so.
You need to make the Bigger, Brighter, Kingdom-level playing more attractive
than the tiny, "safe" little community that might have been created locally.

Easy?...probably not. But necessary? Absolutely.

I hope this helps.

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tir Medoin, Ansteorra

A caveat here that may change this equation...
What if the ones that do not travel, refuse to travel or even
participate on a local level except in their own skewed view of the SCA.
Niklas